The Jackson Hole Airport will have several large capital projects taking place during the spring of 2021 through the summer of 2022. These projects will allow JAC to operate safely and support airline operations while enhancing the traveler experience. Safety, efficiency, and being good stewards to the environment are our top priority every day and these commitments are considered with every project plan developed for JAC.
Terminal Improvement Projects
The Jackson Hole Airport is our community’s airport, and these terminal projects will help JAC accommodate demands placed on the facility. Many of the projects outlined below increase available space to safely and efficiently conduct airport operations while continuing to meet travelers’ high expectations for customer service and experience.
- Entrance Vestibule/Backflow – May 2021
- Ticketing Counter Expansion – May 2021
- TSA Check Point Remodel – January 19 – June 27, 2022
- Restaurant & Gate Expansion/Remodel – April 11 – November, 2022
- Baggage Claim Marketplace – May 2021 – July 2021
The lifespan of use for a runway is typically 20 years. The asphalt runway at JAC has been rehabbed four times since it was originally constructed in the late1970’s and it is due for a total reconstruction in the spring of 2022 which will include a 78-day runway closure.
During the closure, construction partners and JAC are committed to guaranteeing that this project is completed efficiently, with minimal impacts, and adheres to the highest environmental standards we can achieve on such a project. To view a map of the runway project phasing, please click here.
- Phase I – June – October 2021
- Preliminary prep work, paving of runway safety areas, drainage installation and staging of construction materials
- Phase II – April 11 – June 28, 2022
- Runway closed for reconstruction
- Phase III – July – August 2022
- Runway Grooving and Striping