Starting December 16, 2023, START will launch an airport shuttle pilot program during the 2023/24 winter season. This pilot program will be conducted through Sunday, April 14, 2024 and is aimed at gauging the demand for bus service and learning more about its riders and service quality.
Data collected during the study will be evaluated to determine if ridership could support an established route to and from the airport in the future. Strong ridership numbers will contribute to the success of the study, and both riders and non-riders are encouraged to participate in the online survey to help stakeholders gain important feedback.
Riding the START Bus is easy and locals and visitors can reach many destinations in our area. To view a map on how to connect with other START Bus routes from the shuttle, please click here. To plan your trip and view all the areas START Bus services, please utilize the Transit App, or visit the START Bus website visit by clicking here.
Riders should purchase bus tickets before traveling by downloading the START Bus Transit App. One-way fares are listed below, and roundtrip tickets can be purchased using the Transit App. Customers can also pay with exact cash when boarding the bus. Drivers cannot make change for tickets purchased with cash.
- – Begins Saturday, December 16, 2023 through Sunday, April 14 2024
- – Coach bus with luggage bay storage under the bus.
- – Hourly service from Miller Park runs 5:00 am to 9:00 pm daily.
- – Hourly service from the Airport runs 5:40 am to 9:40 pm daily (last bus will wait until 10 pm to depart from JAC).
- – Miller Park Shelter (west side of Millward St, near tennis courts)
- – Antler Inn
- – Deloney and Willow
- – Home Ranch Welcome Center
Please note: No airport-specific or long-term parking will be available at any stop.
Transferring to Teton Village
Riders headed to Teton Village should transfer at the Miller Park shuttle stop on N Millward St, then walk across the street to the Miller Park bus stop on E Deloney Ave.
(Teton Village, Star Valley and Teton Valley, and other seasonal or monthly passes do not apply)
- – Adults: $10.00
- – Children 12 & under: $5.00
- – Children 8 & under: Free (when riding with an adult)
- – Seniors and individuals with disabilities: $5.00
Pilot Program Outcomes
For information on the next steps after the pilot study concludes, please see the FAQs below.